AFM stands as an abbreviation for Amateurfunkmuseum respectively for Förderverein Amateurfunk e.V.
The AFM is a non-profit organization promoting amateur radio museums and history research
- has been founded in 1981 by the amateur radio pioneer Hans Schleifenbaum, DL1YA †
- is working on the research and documentation of amateur radio and its technics
- is collecting money and amateur radio related material donations, particularily equipment built by radio amateurs, informations and information sources
- encourages strongly the promotion of amateur radio museums open to the public
- is restauring and describing old amateur radio equipment and then presenting it in museums and exhibitions to the public
- is also your competent address for all questions about amateur radio history
- is situated in Grafing (near Munich, in the south of Germany)
- operates working groups in whole Germany and is with around 400 members quite active on both national and international levels
- asks all radio amateurs and friends:
Support by a donation or your membership the targets of the the Förderverein Amateurfunkmuseum!
Help us - if possible - with active collaboration!
Any kind of support is most gratefully appreciated!